Charter Plumbing and Gas Pty Ltd Terms and Conditions.
Works carried out by Charter Plumbing and Gas Pty Ltd either quoted, or otherwise are subject to these Terms and Conditions in full. It is the responsibility of you as the customer/client to read these Terms and Conditions prior to engaging Charter Plumbing and Gas Pty Ltd.
Charter Plumbing and Gas Pty Ltd reserve the right to exercise the following Terms and Conditions: You the customer/client agrees:
- That you are inviting a Charter Plumbing and Gas Pty Ltd company representative to your premises to provide plumbing and, or gas services and that subject to these Terms and Conditions you are confirming that you are fully authorized to do so and you personally agree that you are financially liable for all costs on the invoice you will receive.
- To pay the full invoice amount upon completion of any plumbing and or gas services carried out by any representative of Charter Plumbing and Gas Pty Ltd.
- That you may be subject to an invoice at a reduced rate to cover any costs incurred by Charter Plumbing and Gas Pty Ltd if you invite a company representative to your premises on the premise that a plumbing fixture, or gas appliance may be repairable and upon closer evaluation said repairs are deemed by Charter Plumbing and Gas Pty Ltd physically, legally, or ethically not feasible. The decision to exercise the right to invoice may be made irrespective of second opinions provided by, or being sought out by you the customer/client.
- Site unseen price estimates are estimates only. Charter Plumbing and Gas Pty Ltd will not be held to account if the estimated prices are increased once works can be properly evaluated. Charter Plumbing and Gas Pty Ltd may request written consent from you the customer/client prior to site visitation, or commencement of works.
- Prior to commencement of any works with a value of, or estimated value of more than $2,000 a deposit of 5% to be paid in full may be requested by Charter Plumbing and Gas Pty Ltd. Progress payments may be requested by Charter Plumbing and Gas Pty Ltd. Failure to meet this request may result in further works being cancelled until such time as progress payments are made.
- All quoted works are subject to their own individual Terms and Conditions and all variations beyond the accepted scope of works will incur further fees and charges in addition to the original quoted amount. Extra hourly rates apply if working outside of Charter Plumbing and Gas Pty Ltd normal office hours.
- Public Holidays, weekends and after hours callouts are at an overtime rate with a minimum 4 hours chargeable inclusive of travel, plus materials and hire equipment. Charter Plumbing and Gas Pty Ltd may charge another standard fee for attending site if the reason for reattendance was not within the original scope of works, or occurred beyond our reasonable control.
- Any appointment cancellation not received 2 hours prior may be subject to an invoice at a reduced rate.
- That before and after photos and videos may be taken on site for the purposes of proof of workmanship, liability purposes and dispute resolution. It is incumbent upon you to ensure that you point out and discuss any concerns, or enquires you may have in regards to workmanship, or customer expectations with the attending Charter Plumbing and Gas Pty Ltd representative, or Charter Plumbing and Gas Pty Ltd office prior to departure of site, or prior to invoicing. In the event that a dispute arises, either party shall send to the other party a Notice of Dispute identifying and providing details of the dispute. Both parties shall confer at least once in an attempt for the matter to be amicably resolved.
- Charter Plumbing and Gas reserves the right to engage a third party debt collection agency to recoup any outstanding amounts and you may incur further costs.
Terms of Payment
(A) The customer shall make payment according to the Quote or unless the Customer has been granted a credit account. Granting of a credit account shall be at the absolute discretion of Charter Plumbing and Gas Pty Ltd and unless otherwise demanded by Charter Plumbing and Gas Pty Ltd the Customer granted credit account shall make payment within the terms approved in the credit account.
(B) If the customer fails to make payment in accordance with clause 4(A), Charter Plumbing and Gas Pty Ltd shall be entitled to:
(i) Require the Charter Plumbing and Gas Pty Ltd of cash upon delivery and commencement of any further Works;
(ii) Charge default interest at the rate of 9% per annum on all overdue amounts (including late payment charges and amounts other than the contract sum) calculated on a day to day basis on any monies due but unpaid, such interest to be computed from the due date for payment AND the parties agree that such default is not a penalty but is a true measure of damages incurred by Charter Plumbing and Gas Pty Ltd. Payments received from the Customer will be credited first against any default interest and all such charges shall be payable upon demand;
(iii) Claim from the Customer all costs relating to any action taken by Charter Plumbing and Gas Pty Ltd to recover moneys or goods due from the Customer including, but not limited to, any legal costs and disbursements on a solicitor-client basis;
(iv) Cease any further Works for the Customer and terminate any agreement in relation to services and/or products that have not been provided or delivered; and
(C) The Customer shall not be entitled to set off against, or deduct from the contract sum, any sums owed or claimed to be owed to the Customer by Charter Plumbing and Gas Pty Ltd nor to withhold payment of any invoice because part of that invoice is in dispute. Charter Plumbing and Gas Pty Ltd pay our workers in accordance with Fair Works Australia and our after hours prices are non negotiable. Charter Plumbing and Gas Pty Ltd do not perform work cheaper for cash. If you the customer deems your property inhospitable due to any form of plumbing works, or delay in works, Charter Plumbing and Gas Pty Ltd will not be liable for any costs incurred to you if you seek alternative accommodation. During peak demand periods emergency work may be prioritized over some elective works. Charter Plumbing and Gas Pty Ltd reserve the right in certain circumstances to charge consultancy fee for information sought.
The safety of our workers is our priority and if they deem a situation to be unsafe we reserve the right to stop work in order to reevaluate the procedure. Charter Plumbing and Gas Pty Ltd reserves the right to charge a gap payment in the event of Water Corporation sewer blockages if the full cost of our investigations is not covered by the Water Corporation reimbursement amount.
Parking is to be provided by you, or street parking fees apply. Please note that Charter Plumbing and Gas Pty Ltd Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice.